Information Regarding Harbor Light Oral Surgeons and Covid-19
In accordance with the recent orders from Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, and with guidance from the Ohio Dental Association (ODA), the American Dental Association (ADA), U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), we are pleased to announce that all of the Harbor Light locations will resume operations effective May 4, 2020.
We know that many of you have had to delay oral surgical care as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and we are doing our very best to see you in an expeditious manner. We appreciate your understanding during this very challenging time.
While many things have changed, one thing that has remained the same is our commitment to your safety. Infection control has long been a priority at Harbor Light and our processes were developed with your safety in mind. We adhere to guidelines posed by the ODA, ADA, CDC, and OSHA; and follow the activities of these agencies in order to remain current with new rulings and recommendations.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO ENSURE SAFETY IN OUR FACILITIES
- Upon arrival to our facilities, patients and escorts will be screened for, fever, cough and respiratory symptoms.
- We follow ODA, ADA, CDC, and OSHA exposure control guidelines for infection control, including cleaning and disinfection procedures appropriate for SARS-CoV-2 in healthcare settings.
- We have adequate levels of infection control supplies, including FDA-approved, hospital-grade disinfectants and personal protective equipment.
- Our staff are routinely trained in the practice of universal precautions and infection control.
WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO
- To help comply with social distancing and minimize unnecessary wait time, please complete the online registration process before your appointment date.
- Please come alone for your appointment. Exceptions are escorts for general anesthesia, parents or guardians of minors, interpreters, and others providing necessary patient assistance. Exceptions are limited to one person per patient. If you are accompanying someone having a consultation or surgical procedure you may be asked to wait in your vehicle during these procedures. Please remember to bring a cell phone so that we can contact you.
- To help protect our staff and other visitors from the transmission of COVID-19, please wear a cloth face covering or facemask over your mouth and nose while in our offices. We will be restricting access to our facilities to those individuals wearing appropriate face coverings. We must prioritize our mask supply for use in clinical care, so we are regrettably unable to offer masks to patients.
- In an effort to reduce your potential wait we have provided for additional time between patients. However, if there is a delay, please remember that you may be asked to remain in your vehicle until you can safely be seen.
Thank you for your confidence in Harbor Light Oral Surgeons.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to serving you.